|Reports to||Earthquake Team Lead|
|Work Environment/Salary Range||Remote/Hybrid, 125,000-150,000k|
DUAL North America, Inc. is seeking an Underwriter to join Catalytic Risk, a subsidiary of DUAL NA, in the Earthquake division. This is a remote/hybrid role, looking for candidates living in the following locations: San Francisco Los Angeles, or San Diego.
- Underwriting authority will be granted in accordance with experience level. Within 90 days it is expected that underwriting authority would be issued.
- Meet individual and division production goals that are mutually developed.
- Analyze new business opportunities and develop renewal strategies.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of technical underwriting principles and risk underwriting characteristics.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with assigned brokers and search for new relationships. This includes the use of critical thinking and problem-solving skills to negotiate with these brokers.
- Travel to meet with assigned brokers at least 4-5 times per year. This includes traveling with other Underwriters or Executive personnel.
- Provide a high level of customer service through multiple methods of communication.
- Fill in for other team members to ensure business continuity during peak periods and/or when team members are unavailable.
- Train and mentor Associate Underwriters and Underwriting Assistants
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years of underwriting experience; preferably in E&S CAT industry.
- Working knowledge of underwriting philosophy, underwriting techniques and insurance terminology.
- Typing proficiency (35 wpm minimum).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite & proficiency in Agency Management System(s), IMS preferable, but not essential.
- Experience working in a “paperless” environment preferred.
- Self-motivated and demonstrate an attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently for extended periods.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as a general understanding of business writing.
- Customer service and relationship building skills.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Must be able to work well independently or in a small office environment and show a willingness to support the team.
What we offer:
A career that you define. Yes, we offer all the usual rewards and benefits – including medical, dental, vision, a wide variety of wellbeing offers, competitive salary, unlimited PTO, 401k with company match, paid volunteer days and more.
We provide an environment where new ideas are encouraged and celebrated, where people who want to have a real hand in our success thrive. We want people who want to make a difference – not just in the workplace, but in the industry and in the wider community.
About DUAL NA:
DUAL is the leading underwriting organization in the US and part of an international insurance organization with operations in 45 countries across the world. DUAL offers commercial property, casualty, financial lines, and personal property insurance products underwritten through several specialized subsidiaries. Since 2013, we have grown to over 500 employees in 14 offices across the US, and we are continuing to grow. DUAL is committed to building a balanced business and contributing to a sustainable world. At DUAL, we believe our people are our greatest assets, espousing entrepreneurialism, and innovation in an environment where new insights are encouraged.
Our culture: People First
Our core values dictate how we live and work. We are a group with independence and people at its heart and we are a home for talent with a unique culture: the biggest small company in the world.
The focus on being a People First business has always been at the very heart of the Group; Our vision was to create an independent business with a unique culture and one that would survive and thrive as a business controlled by the people working for it. And finding the most talented and entrepreneurial people to join the Group has been and will continue to be key.
We consider our people our chief competitive advantage and as such we treat colleagues, candidates, clients, and business partners with equality, fairness, and respect. DUAL North America provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. DUAL will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.